Thursday, September 06, 2007

quickly now...

Hello all,

I'd like to thank every one of you who has commented here, emailed me and those of you who have been reading my blog. I do very much appreciate your support, readership and recognition.

Yes, I've been on quite the hiatus from this blog -- in many ways this is good. H and I have been in a very good place and life's activities have kept me rather busy. I'm working on a few things, and struggling with a few others, and when I get a chance, I will work through them in written form.

I'd like to extend an extra thanks to tom paine for reminding me of that pitfall of complacency, of which I skirt around often, and sometimes get lost in. That is, the complacency that what I do and the things I decide are settled, because well, that's how the lot goes. But really, nothing is ever settled, and there will always be a struggle over ethical, moral and integrity-based issues. That is in fact my lot, and I should never forget that.

Currently, I'm attempting to maintain these boundaries that are generally observed as a given by the general public. I'm faring rather well at it, and I think I've realized one thing, at least: as the saying goes, (something along the lines of) "men will cheat if given the opportunity", and how it pertains to me -- it has become apparent to me that the results of my sexual appetite for Others has had little impact on the real substance of my marriage. Because of that, I will cheat if given the opportunity; if I am kept busy on the other hand, I may still have a wandering eye but it becomes impractical to pursue anything. I don't have much of a problem with that. However, despite my nonchalance about this emotionally-distant situation with extra lovers, I am dismayed at the deception behind it all. I feel "morally upright" during times of abstinence, and I feel "somewhat bothered" at most, when I'm feasting on these carnal desires. It makes it easier to follow the rules. And I do have the dream that someday my husband and I will be comfortable enough to even approach the subject once more. Until I am assured that our combined insecurities are minimized enough, I will not breach the topic with him. I don't believe I'll ever quit cold-turkey, but I have come to the conclusion that yes, these desires can be accepted and controlled, and perhaps the scales do slightly tip in favor of previously agreed-upon social contracts. Maybe one day I'll propose an amendment, but only when I know the time is right. Until then, my anonymous affairs in this adulterer's life may continue indefinitely, as sporadic as they may be...

5 comments:

WDKY said...

It's ironic that everyone seems to be talking about balance at the moment... and this is a balance of another kind. But with such ramifications. I want to say "Just you be careful, darling..."

Nice to see you posting again.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and success in whatever endeavor strikes your fancy at the time, hanging with H, or hanging out with any others . . . .

A. Secret said...

I'd only just found you...when you seemed to disappear. Glad you're still here. Your thoughts mirror mine quite a bit.

Rupert said...

It's great to hear something from you again, anon. Even if you aren't posting about any extra-curricular activities, come back every once in a while and check in. I missed you!

Tom Paine said...

There is a constant tension between what we want and what life permits, and the dynamic of deception makes this even worse.