Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Is it luck?

Here's my extended response to Infinite's comment, "I wonder where you find the people you come across. Either you exude SEX and attract them, or you are simply one of the 'luckiest' people around.".

I've often thought that I must be absolutely one of the "luckiest" people around, on multiple fronts of life. Because there's no way that I could attract as deeply as it seems I do. Something an old friend once said to me, when we were attempting to conjure single adjectives to describe ourselves (one of those strange yearbook exercises)... he found me to be Inspired. And it's true, people inspire me with all the beautiful and wonderfully human things they do. I get affected. I get "turned on", in ways that incorporate and transcend SEXuality.

Where do I find these people? I'm not really sure... they just seem to filter in and out of my life. As far as my personality goes, I've always felt a bit mischievous because there seems to be the Me that everybody sees and everybody talks to. But not very far beneath that working self lies the Anonyma-Me that yearns to express her earthly desires in provocative ways. Yet I'm thoroughly aware that there are many individuals who choose not to break through their working selves, who rather would not be provoked. On the rare occasions that I do come across someone who's camoflouged skin is as thin as my own, something happens and we find ourselves quickly peeling back that stifling layer, to get on with the real flesh of interaction.

So, though I may not necessarily exude SEX, (offline, I dress quite modestly, am openly friendly, but don't cross the lines, and have a "pretty" face, but not sexy-gorgeous) I may offer sides of myself to people I sense are open enough to receive me. And when they are touched by how inspiration takes hold of me, filling me with Life, I suppose they can do nothing but be suffused with Life alongside me. These are the people who stick around... these are the ones you read about here...

I've been told that I'm the type of lover and friend one never forgets. Though the happenings of life must go on, be they husbands, wives, children or careers, memories of me and the times shared with me live on ineffably. Perhaps it's lipservice. But that doesn't really concern me. The truth of the matter is that these individuals have made their impacts on me, and so I am grateful for the opportunities of experiencing and travelling through this very life in such a full and saturated manner.

6 comments:

Fermus said...

Just found you...think I will be checking back frequently!

anonym said...

Welcome Fermus! Glad you like things here. I try to be as honest as I can possibly be. Sometimes things make sense, but most of the time, I'm taking tiny baby steps. Hope you check out the archives, because it's a pretty sordid, twisted story going on...

Cheri said...

I think that you are just more aware of the vibes that were probably there for years but you chose to ignore them.

And, I do think there is something you are giving off now..a more confident sexuality seems to shine through.

Freddy said...

Richard Wiseman - a genuine academic - has studied the issue and written a book called The Luck Factor. He writes that there are five principles behind being lucky the first is:-
Lucky people are skilled at creating, noticing and acting upon chance opportunities. They do this in various ways, including networking, adopting a relaxed attitude to life and by being open to new experiences.

Sound like you?

anonym said...

Welcome Freddy! Thanks for that bit by Wiseman. I'll have to read up on his studies. Surprisingly, that description sounds very much like me. I suppose that means yes, it is luck -- the skilled creation, recognition and opportunism kind of luck that I never realized I had! How wonderful that is. All the more reason to embrace life fully. And that is a beautiful thing.

anonym said...

And welcome to you too Cheri! You're definitely right about the confidence thing. My past desires are also coming more to the fore, yet there are so many considerations to juggle... It's a fine line to tread between responsibly taking life by the helm, and over-doing it by taking life's treasures in a completely selfish design without regard to repurcussion. Hmmm... I sense another post coming on... perhaps I'll stop here for now. Anyway, thanks for visiting, and thanks for the inspiration!